Ravel Morrison back in the Premier League at Sheffield Utd
European Football Headlines
- Vela scores 2 goals, LAFC beats Earthquakes 4-0
- Castellanos scores 10th goal, NYCFC tops Crew 1-0
- Kaku, Royer score, Red Bulls top United 2-1 in Atlantic Cup
- Olympiakos, Dinamo Zagreb win Champs League playoff 1st legs
- Everton-Aston Villa Preview
- Messi back in training, could be fit for weekend's game
- Ronaldo says 2018 'probably worst year' of his life
- Franck Ribery signs for Fiorentina on free transfer
- 10-men Ajax struggles to draw in Champions League qualifying
- Balotelli: I have zero fear of failing
LONDON (AP) Ravel Morrison, the former Manchester United player once regarded as the top English soccer talent of his generation, is back in the Premier League after signing for promoted team Sheffield United.
The 26-year-old Morrison has signed a one-year deal after impressing in a trial. He was most recently at Swedish club Ostersund, where he had a short spell this year.
Morrison was a star of a youth team at Man United that also included Paul Pogba and Jesse Lingard, but only made three appearances - at the age of 17 - for the senior team as concerns grew about his attitude and the company he was keeping off the field.
He was sold to West Ham in 2012, and later played for Birmingham, Queens Park Rangers and Cardiff before spells abroad at Lazio in Italy, Atlas in Mexico, and then Ostersund.
Sheffield United manager Chris Wilde said Morrison has "serious ability," adding: "We are getting a fantastic footballer with a tremendous pedigree and this is a great opportunity for Rav. We believe we can help him get back to the level he wants to be."
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated July 16, 2019