Draw for the Asian qualifying groups for the 2022 World Cup
European Football Headlines
- Two Laos soccer players banned for life over match-fixing
- Barcelona draws 1-1 at Napoli in Champions League 1st leg
- Gnabry, Lewandowski combine in Bayern's 3-0 win at Chelsea
- Cyprus political parties unite against soccer match-fixing
- Zimbabwe banned from hosting games because of poor stadiums
- Guardiola not using European ban to motivate his players
- Italy may lift ban on sporting events by Monday
- FIFA bans former council member from Uruguay for 1 year
- Real Madrid's Zidane unsure if Hazard needs surgery again
- Switzerland signs coach Petkovic through 2022 World Cup
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) Draw made Wednesday for the second round of Asian qualifying for the 2022 World Cup, and 2023 Asian Cup:
Group A-China, Syria, Philippines, Maldives, Guam.
Group B-Australia, Jordan, Taiwan, Kuwait, Nepal.
Group C-Iran, Iraq, Bahrain, Hong Kong, Cambodia.
Group D-Saudi Arabia, Uzbekistan, Palestine, Yemen, Singapore.
Group E-Qatar, Oman, India, Afghanistan, Bangladesh.
Group F-Japan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Myanmar, Mongolia.
Group G-United Arab Emirates, Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia.
Group H-South Korea, Lebanon, North Korea, Turkmenistan, Sri Lanka.
Updated July 17, 2019