West Ham sets club transfer record to sign Haller
European Football Headlines
- UNC downs Washington St. 2-1 in NCAA women's semifinal
- Sheffield United-Norwich City Preview
- Leicester City-Aston Villa Preview
- Atlético Madrid held again in Spanish league
- Leader Inter Milan held by Roma to 0-0 tie in Italian league
- Victor Osimhen scores again as Lille beats Brest to go 3rd
- Klinsmann gets first point as Hertha draws at Frankfurt
- Chelsea wins appeal at CAS in FIFA transfer ban case
- Watford hires new manager Pearson in hope of EPL survival
- Flamengo's Gabriel ties Neymar's best scoring in SAmerica
LONDON (AP) West Ham has set a club transfer record to sign French striker Sebastien Haller from Eintracht Frankfurt.
British media are reporting the 25-year-old Haller cost 45 million pounds ($55 million), which eclipses the 35 million pounds (then $42 million) spent on Felipe Anderson last offseason.
Haller says "it proves that the club (has) really wanted me for a long time. I felt this desire to sign me and I'm really happy to sign."
Haller, a former France Under-21 international, scored 20 goals in 41 appearances for Eintracht last season.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated July 17, 2019