Porto beats rival Benfica 2-0 in early-season meeting
European Football Headlines
- Inter beats Milan 2-0 to keep perfect start in Serie A
- Ramsey and Buffon help Juventus beat Verona 2-1
- Barcelona loses in its worst start in Spain for 25 years
- Coutinho scores his 1st Bayern goal in 4-0 rout of Cologne
- 'It was breathtaking': Man City crushes Watford 8-0 in EPL
- Carroll back for Newcastle in 0-0 draw with Brighton
- Man City falls just short of EPL record with 8-0 win
- FIFA sees no obstacles for women to attend games in Iran
- 1 shot on target, 2 goals and 3 points for Sheffield United
- Norwich back down to earth with 2-0 loss at Burnley
LISBON, Portugal (AP) Porto defeated Benfica 2-0 in an early-season meeting of the Portuguese rivals on Saturday.
Forward Jose Luis opened the scoring for the visitors with a close-range flick after Benfica's defenders failed to clear a corner in the 22nd minute at the Stadium of Light.
Moussa Marega then sealed victory following an 86th-minute counterattack.
The result left Porto, Benfica and Famalicao tied at the top of the league with six points.
Promoted Famalicao can reach nine points with a win at Guimaraes on Sunday.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated August 24, 2019