Corbin 1st with 10 Ks in 1st 4 innings of postseason game
- Nats bring back Kendrick on 1-year deal
- Yanks confirm Cole, Strasburg interest
- Twins, RHP Pineda agree to 2 years, $20M
- Brewers replace Grandal with M's Narvaez
- Mets acquire OF Marisnick from Astros
WASHINGTON (AP) Washington Nationals left-hander Patrick Corbin is the first pitcher with 10 strikeouts in the first four innings of a postseason game, according to STATS .
The Nationals led the St. Louis Cardinals 7-1 as Game 4 of the NL Championship Series headed to the fifth inning Tuesday night.
Corbin is trying to help Washington finish off a sweep of the NLCS and reach the World Series.
Molina homered in the fourth.
The record for most strikeouts in a postseason game is 17, set by Bob Gibson of the Cardinals in Game 1 of the 1968 World Series against Detroit.
More AP baseball: https://apnews.com/MLB and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated October 15, 2019