Pirates claim former Rockies reliever Howard off waivers
- Nats bring back Kendrick on 1-year deal
- Yanks confirm Cole, Strasburg interest
- Twins, RHP Pineda agree to 2 years, $20M
- Brewers replace Grandal with M's Narvaez
- Mets acquire OF Marisnick from Astros
PITTSBURGH (AP) The Pittsburgh Pirates have claimed reliever Sam Howard off waivers from Colorado.
The 26-year-old left-hander is 2-0 with 24 strikeouts, 13 walks and a 5.87 ERA in 24 career appearances since making his major league debut in 2018. He spent the majority of 2019 with Colorado's Triple-A affiliate in Albuquerque, going 4-1 with a 3.91 ERA and 62 strikeouts in 42 games.
Colorado selected Howard in the third round of the 2014 first-year player draft. He reached the majors in 2018, allowing one run in four appearances.
More AP MLB: https://apnews.com/MLB and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated October 30, 2019