Reliever Anthony Bass agrees to terms on deal with Marlins
- AL MVP Abreu tests positive for COVID
- Prospect: M's manipulating service time
- Twins top prospect Lewis has torn ACL
- Yanks' German apologizes for DV incident
- Bieber eager to discuss extension
MIAMI (AP) Well-traveled right-hander Anthony Bass agreed to terms Friday on a deal with the Miami Marlins and is expected to compete for a role as their closer.
Bass led the Toronto Blue Jays with seven saves last season, when he went 2-3 with a 3.51 ERA in 26 games.
Bass has pitched for six major league teams and has a career ERA of 4.32 with 15 saves in nine seasons.
More AP MLB: https://apnews.com/MLB and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated January 22, 2021