Detroit Pistons waive veteran Joe Johnson
- Davis back with Lakers for 5 yrs., $190M
- Silas confident Harden will be 'all in'
- Porzingis expected to return in January
- Rockets send Westbrook to Wiz for Wall
- Agent: Lakers extend James 2 years, $85M
DETROIT (AP) The Detroit Pistons have waived veteran Joe Johnson.
The Pistons announced the move Monday, setting their 15-man roster for Wednesday night's season opener at Indiana.
Detroit signed Johnson last month, but the Pistons maintained that he would be competing for a roster spot, and there was no guarantee of that. The seven-time All-Star did not play in the NBA at all last season and came to Detroit after being named MVP of the BIG3 3-on-3 basketball league.
Johnson appeared in four preseason games, averaging 3.8 points.
More AP NBA: https://apnews.com/NBA and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated October 21, 2019