Russia to host 2023 hockey worlds in St. Petersburg
- Oilers down Rangers, extend streak to 5
- Burakovsky scores in OT, Avs move to 4-0
- Jackets end Hurricanes' perfect start
- Jets rally past winless 'Hawks in OT
- Caps earn rare regulation win in Dallas
BRATISLAVA, Slovakia (AP) The International Ice Hockey Federation has picked the Russian city of St. Petersburg to host the 2023 world championships.
Russia plans to build a 23,000-seat arena in central St. Petersburg for the event, and also use the city's Ice Palace venue built for the 2000 worlds.
The IIHF says it awarded two more editions at its annual congress. The 2024 tournament will be in the Czech Republic, with games in Prague and Ostrava. The 2025 edition goes to Sweden and Denmark, with two host cities yet to be decided.
More AP sports: https://apnews.com/apf-sports and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated May 24, 2019