Canadiens defenseman Brett Kulak signs 3-year deal
- Police say Greg Johnson's death suicide
- Avalanche lock up F Compher for 4 years
- Red Wings re-sign D Hicketts for 2 years
- Capitals' Ovechkin to make trip to China
- McDavid's signature forged on jerseys
MONTREAL (AP) - The Montreal Canadiens have agreed to a three-year contract with defenseman Brett Kulak.
The deal was announced Saturday and runs through the 2021-22 season, carrying an average annual value of $1.85 million.
The 25-year-old Kulak appeared in 57 games for the Canadiens last season and set career highs in goals (six), assists (11) and points (17).
He was acquired from the Calgary Flames last October for defensemen Matt Taormina and Rinat Valiev.
Updated May 25, 2019