Canadiens defenseman Brett Kulak signs 3-year deal
- Caps top 'Hawks after blowing lead of 2
- Canucks hold on to beat Rangers
- Backlund propels Flames past Ducks
- Jets beat Oilers in SO to end skid at 3
- Wild beat Canadiens 4-3 for second win
MONTREAL (AP) - The Montreal Canadiens have agreed to a three-year contract with defenseman Brett Kulak.
The deal was announced Saturday and runs through the 2021-22 season, carrying an average annual value of $1.85 million.
The 25-year-old Kulak appeared in 57 games for the Canadiens last season and set career highs in goals (six), assists (11) and points (17).
He was acquired from the Calgary Flames last October for defensemen Matt Taormina and Rinat Valiev.
Updated May 25, 2019