Penguins acquire Harvard defenseman John Marino from Oilers
- NHL plans daily COVID tests for players
- Mass. Gov. OKs pro practices for June 6
- USA Hockey president under investigation
- NHL awards regular-season trophies
- Sabres star Eichel 'fed up with losing'
PITTSBURGH (AP) The Pittsburgh Penguins on Friday acquired Harvard defenseman John Marino from the Edmonton Oilers for a conditional draft pick.
The Oilers will receive Pittsburgh's 2021 sixth-round draft choice if Marino signs with the Penguins, or if the team trades his rights.
The 22-year-old Marino is unsigned. He was drafted in the sixth round by Edmonton in 2015 and played at Harvard last season, totaling three goals and 11 points in 30 games.
The native of Brockton, Massachusetts, has seven goals and 42 points in 101 games at Harvard. Marino helped the Crimson win an ECAC championship during the 2016-17 season.
Updated July 26, 2019