Potvin announces retirement as TV broadcaster for Panthers
- Flyers F Lindblom completes radiation
- Coyotes seek boost from healthy Kessel
- 'Canes Dudley out, talking to Forslund
- Hurricanes begin voluntary workouts
- NHL: 26 players have tested positive
SUNRISE, Fla. (AP) Hockey Hall of Famer Denis Potvin has announced his retirement as a television broadcaster for the Florida Panthers.
Potvin, a former captain for the New York Islanders, was part of the Panthers' first broadcast team in 1993-94 and spent 21 seasons as their TV analyst.
Potvin, 65, was the first overall pick of the 1973 draft and a cornerstone of the Islanders' four Stanley Cup championship teams from 1979-80 to 1982-83. He ranks second in playoff goals among NHL defensemen with 56.
More AP NHL: https://apnews.com/NHL and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated July 29, 2019