Martinook expected to miss 6-8 weeks with core injury
- Lightning laying off 30 because of virus
- Sabres sign No. 8 overall pick Quinn
- 'Reverse retro' jerseys create buzz
- NHL could go with temporary realignment
- Ex-Leaf Meeker, 4-time Cup winner, dies
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) Carolina Hurricanes forward Jordan Martinook is expected to miss 6-8 weeks with a core muscle injury.
General manager Don Waddell said Thursday that Martinook will have surgery Friday to repair the injury.
Martinook has an assist in four games this season, his second with the team and first as an alternate captain. He had a career-best 15 goals plus 10 assists while playing all 82 regular-season games with Carolina a year ago, then added four assists in 10 playoff games.
More AP NHL: https://apnews.com/tag/NHL and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated October 10, 2019