Martinook expected to miss 6-8 weeks with core injury
- Isles rally for SO win, 13-0-1 last 14
- Sabres' Eichel scores 4 in win over Sens
- Stamkos scores 400th but Jets top Tampa
- Sharks top Wings in SO, win 6th straight
- Panthers' Quenneville gets 900th win
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) Carolina Hurricanes forward Jordan Martinook is expected to miss 6-8 weeks with a core muscle injury.
General manager Don Waddell said Thursday that Martinook will have surgery Friday to repair the injury.
Martinook has an assist in four games this season, his second with the team and first as an alternate captain. He had a career-best 15 goals plus 10 assists while playing all 82 regular-season games with Carolina a year ago, then added four assists in 10 playoff games.
More AP NHL: https://apnews.com/tag/NHL and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated October 10, 2019