Sabres sign 1st-round pick, Jack Quinn, to 3-year contract
- Columbus sends Dubois to Jets for Laine
- Stars rout Preds 7-0 in delayed opener
- Leafs win without Matthews, Thornton
- Vrana gets depleted Caps by Sabres in SO
- Parise's goal sparks Wild past Sharks
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) The Buffalo Sabres signed their first-round draft pick, forward Jack Quinn, to a three-year entry-level contract on Monday.
Quinn was selected with the No. 8 pick in the draft last month. Listed at 6 feet and 176 pounds, he is coming off a season in which his 52 goals in 62 games ranked second in the Ontario Hockey League.
The 19-year-old Quinn finished in a tie for eighth in the OHL with 89 points, and helped his hometown Ottawa 67s finish with a league-best 50-11-1 record.
With a season of OHL eligibility left, Quinn's contract wouldn't kick in this year unless he plays 10 games with the Sabres.
More AP NHL: https://apnews.com/NHL and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated November 16, 2020